Sunday 1 October 2017

What I wouldn’t give

What I wouldn’t give to see you again,
To gaze into your eyes once more,
To watch you are you go about your day,
doing the things you do…

What I wouldn’t give to feel with you,
the warm summer evening in the setting sun,
the blustery wind coming off the rough sea
and the bumpy road to get there…

What I wouldn’t give to hear you one more time
to speak, to laugh, to cuss and whisper…

What I wouldn’t give to tell you about my day,
of many things, to bring home news, a story
and to listen to you tell me yours…

What I wouldn’t give to touch you one more time,
to feel your soft finger tips against mine,
your warmth, your hair, your embrace…

What I would give to watch you sleep one more time…

What I wouldn’t give to kiss you one more time,
To say I love you. “I love you too”

2 comments: