Thursday 12 January 2023

Growing up with dis lecks ee er

For the life of me I can not spell,
It made my schooling a living hell.
Late to read and late to write,
All I knew was learning fight.

Thus at school, labeled stupid
Out of class summarily booted
Down the hall to 'one more suited'
No hope for me, they concluded.

Now if it were math and numbers,
Oh thats ok, not an encumber.
But spelling, now thats a blunder,
We'll find a bus and toss you under.

Please don't make me read aloud,
It gets much worse when there's a crowd.
Read and say each solitary word,
If I read ahead, my brain gets blurred.

Words typed sdrawkcab
Just one hazzard
Whilst others just go...
Opps.. sorry.. missed missing

Dis lecks ics all untie
Dis lecks ics rule ko
I'm sure there's more jokes
A few I know

How ironic, the name of barrier,
The unspellable, dis lecks ee er

First published in issue #4 of Magine - https://www.facebook.com/groups/magine/


No comments:

Post a Comment